Hinewai Clark, awardee, at the Auckland award ceremony 2017
Applications are open from 1 March to 15 April 2021
Scroll down for further information on the kinds of awards on offer.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: You will need to sign up to register on the applications website. Once registered, you will be able to start your application. You can return to complete your application at another time, by signing back in. This video shows how to continue a partially completed application. View The Video
Second-Chance Education Degree Study Awards 2020 Manawatū-Whanganui
Awards Up to 3 x awards available - $3000 each
Purpose of the awards
Second-chance Education Degree Study Awards are for women who are engaging in tertiary education for the first time at a Degree level (NZQA level 7), and have not previously received a NHWT:HK Award.
The awards are a one off grant to help with study and/or living expenses.
To apply for a Second-Chance Education Degree Study Award / Manawatū-Whanganui, you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
The applicant is a woman from Manawatū-Whanganui, who:
• Does not already have a degree
• Is enrolled in a NZ approved tertiary qualification
• Is studying at a degree level (NZQA qualification level 7)
• Has completed at least at least 30% or one full year (2 semesters) of the programme
• Is a New Zealand citizen or holds a resident class visa
• Lives in New Zealand
• Has not previously received a NHWT:HK Award at this level of study
When selecting awardees, the selection panel will consider the following:
• Academic achievements
• Financial circumstances
• Use of funds
• Personal circumstances
• Evidence of ability as a role model
How to apply for an award
If you are eligible for this award, please select the 'Apply Now' button below, complete the online application form and submit it by the closing date 15 April 2021.
Please read through all of the information before beginning your application. You will need to provide some supporting documents and upload them to your application. Please note that once you complete (submit) your application you won't be able to edit it. The internet can be a funny place and it is highly recommended that you keep a copy of your answers in word format in case you need to refer to them or re-enter your answers.
Terms & conditions
The following terms and conditions apply:
• Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
• The selection panel's decision is final.
• NHWT:HK reserves the right to not offer an award.
If you receive an award we require you to do the following:
• Comply with the conditions of this Award.
• Undertake the programme of study or activity for which the award was granted
• Allow NHWT:HK and the award sponsor to use your name, photograph and information about you (and if relevant, other members of your group) for publicity purposes, with your permission (unless confidentiality is needed for personal reasons)
• Receive the award at an NHWT:HK awards ceremony (if a ceremony is held)
• Provide a progress report to NHWT:HK in the year you receive the award
• For research awardees, provide a progress report to NHWT:HK each year of your study, plus provide access to your final research report and any subsequent publications
• Provide NHWT:HK with up-to-date contact details while you are studying or undertaking your research/carrying out your project
• To immediately notify the New Horizons for Women Trust: Hine Kahukura of any change in your enrolment, employment, or other circumstances of relevance, that affect your ability to meet the Award criteria, e.g. change of programme of study, employment or illness.
Failure to comply
• In the event it can be established that you are not complying with these conditions and requirements, NHWT:HK may terminate the Award and require you to fully or partially repay the award money.
• NHWT:HK records all applicant contact details to enable communications about future awards.
• For unsuccessful applicants, the other information in the application is deleted from our system after the awards have been decided for the year.
• We store the application and progress reports of successful applicants for 5 years
Indicate (√) you agree:
By submitting this application, I acknowledge I have read and accept the terms and conditions as stated above.
By submitting this application, I verify I meet the eligibility criteria and that all information I have provided is correct.
Date application submitted .../.../.....