Hinewai Clark, awardee, at the Auckland award ceremony 2017
Open for applications March 2022
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: You will need to sign up to register on the applications website. Once registered, you will be able to start your application. You can return to complete your application at another time, by signing back in. This video shows how to continue a partially completed application. View The Video
The PSA Outward Bound Award
Co-sponsored by the New Zealand Public Service Association Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi, New Horizons for Women Trust: Hine Kahukura and Outward Bound, the PSA Outward Bound Award offers a personal development opportunity for a woman who is planning to return to education and/or training and is a member of the PSA.
Value of the award
One award plus expenses for one of the following Outward Bound courses:
• Outward Bound Classic Course - 18 - 26 years, 21 day course
• Outward Bound Discovery Course - 27+ years, 8 day course
• Outward Bound Activate Course - 18+ years and with a physical disability, 8 day course
The award covers the cost of the Outward Bound course plus costs for getting a medical certificate and travel expenses in getting to Anakiwa. Course dates for the successful applicant to be agreed with Outward Bound.
To apply for a PSA Outward Bound Course Award you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
The applicant is a woman, who:
• Is a PSA member
• Is willing to go smoke-free at Outward Bound if normally a smoker
• Is willing to fully disclose all medical and criminal histories
• Has not previously done an Outward Bound Course
• Meets all criteria of the Outward Bound Course applied for
For details of criteria and eligibility for your preferred course, refer to the Outward Bound website: https://www.outwardbound.co.nz/courses/
When selecting awardees, the selection panel considers the following:
• Meets all eligibility criteria
• Previous achievements
• Education and/or training plans
• Rationale for receiving the award
• Personal circumstances
The financial and personal circumstances of the applicant will be taken into consideration in decision-making.
If you are eligible for this award, please complete the online application form from 1 March and submit it by the closing date 15 April 2021.